Whatlington is a small village situated along part of Woodman's Green Road formerly known as A.21 Hastings to London road and the C.293 to Battle.
It is in the designated High Weald of Outstanding Natural Beauty - part of '1066 Country'
Whatlington Village was originally the area by the Church, Village Hall and River Line. The upper part was known as Woodman's Oak. Both Parts eventually united into one village known as Whatlington.
In 1066 The Lord of the Manor was King Harold and legend has it he and his army held a service in the village on the eve of the Battle of Hastings in 1066. His connection is enshrined in the Doomsday Book of 1066.
Whatlington today consists of a 138 properties with a population of approximately 320 of which 284 are on the current electoral register.
It is part of the North Battle, Netherfield and Whatlington District of Rother District Council and the Bexhill and Battle UK parliamentary constituency.
- Whatlington Parish Council